Wichita is the currently the biggest city of Kansas and it is located in south-central Kansas. Wichita is the area seat of Sedgwick County. In the 1920s, aeronautical engineers developed different productive air ship fabricating associations in Wichita and that incorporates, Beechcraft and Stearman Aircraft. The city turned into a hub of U.S. aircraft production and got the chance to be known as The Air Capital of the World. As a mechanical hub and also the biggest city in the state, it is a point of convergence of media, and trade.
The city is known for its spectacular scenic views and if you happen to be wanderlust, you definitely need to visit this place. Wichita is also a great place to check out the rich past of the city and you can simply do that by hiring a cycle or take the help of a guide.
Population Of Wichita In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Wichita in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –386,552
2. 2014 –388,413
3. 2015 –389,965
4. 2016 – 391,483
5. 2017 – 393,003
Predicting the 2018 population of Wichita is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 1520 people. Hence, the population of Wichita in 2018 is forecast to be 393,003 + 1520 = 394,523. So, the population of Wichita in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 394,523.
Wichita Population 2018 –394,523 (estimated)
Demography Of Wichita:
As of the 2010 enlistment, there were 382,368 people, 151,818 households and 94,862 families living in Wichita. There were 167,310 lodging units at an average density of 1,022.1 for each square mile. The racial mix of the city was 72% White, 11% Black, 1% American Indian, 3% Asian, 6% from various races and 4% from at least two races. Latinos comprised of about 15.3% of the population.
The middle age in the city was 33.9 years. 26.6% of tenants were under 18 years of age; 10.1% were in the vicinity of 18 and 24; 26.9% were 25 to 44 and 11.5% were 65 years of age or more. The sexual orientation figure of the city was 49.3% male and 50.7% female.
Population Density And Growth Of Wichita:
The population density of the city is 900 persons per square kilometre. Its population has grown by 11.1 percent between 2000 and 2010, according to data reports. It is the most jammed city in Kansas. Some unique Kansas urban cities outpaced Wichita’s growth in terms of population.
Facts About Wichita:
1. The popular record label known as Wichita Recordings is home to numerous artists like John and Best Coast and it has been one of the best record labels since its start in 2000.
2. In 1928, the Wichita State transformed into the first college basketball team to go to an away destination. The match was actually against the team of Fort Hays University.
3. Discussing the Eagles, guitarist Joe Walsh was born in this city, in spite of the fact that he spent the greater part of his pre-adulthood in Columbus.
4. It is illegal to change the climate without a permit in the city of Wichita.
5. In the city’s suburb of Derby, it is unlawful to hit a vending machine after it has stolen your money. Presumably, the law is still in reality paying little heed to the likelihood that it hasn’t stole.
Now find the latest population of Wichita in 2019 here