Topeka is the capital of Kansas and it is situated around the Kansas River in the central bit of Shawnee County, around upper east Kansas. As of the 2010 enlistment, the city population was 127,473. The city is famous for the U.S. Supreme Court case Brown v. leading group of Education of the city, which toppled Plessy versus Ferguson and declared racial seclusion in government subsidized schools to be illegal.
The city has a ton to offer on the off chance that you are visiting here for an outing with your precious ones. You can in like manner take the help of public transport or even a cycle, along these lines you can become acquainted about the city in detail.
Topeka is blessed with many institutes and one of the reasons many students prefer coming over here for higher studies. The city has a lot of unique structures to watch out and one can get to see different interesting places and one can get the assistance of public transport to watch out the different corners of the city.
Population Of Topeka In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Topeka in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –127,679
2. 2014 –127,867
3. 2015 –127,265
4. 2016 – 127,225
5. 2017 – 127,187
Predicting the 2018 population of Topeka is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population decrease by approximate 40 people. Hence, the population of Topeka in 2018 is forecast to be 127,187 – 40 = 127,147. So, the population of Topeka in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 127,147.
Topeka Population 2018 –127,147 (estimated)
Demography Of Topeka:
As of the data of 2010, there were 127,473 people, 53,943 family units, and 30,707 families abiding in the city. There were around 59,582 lodging units at an average density of 990.2 per square mile. The racial blend of the city was 76% White, 12% Black, 2% Native American, 1% Asian, 5% other race and 4.9% from at least two races.
Population Density And Growth Of Topeka:
The population density of the city is 800 persons per square kilometre. The population growth has been dependably on the slower side since numerous years and as of now the city is encountering a moderate rate of population. It has been evaluated that the pattern of moderate growth rate may change in the coming years.
Facts About Topeka:
1. Topeka was named one of the Top 10 Best Cities for the coming Decade by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine in 2010.
2. Have some coffee from the acclaimed PT’s Coffee. PT’s Coffee ventures to the furthest corners of the planet, creating relationship with the best coffee makers anyplace.
3. Washburn University is the top situated master’s level college in Kansas according to the America’s Best College rankings by World Report. The University has in like manner been named one of the top 20 open institutions inside the Midwest.
4. Taste a hand-made beer at the Blind Tiger Brewery and Restaurant, incorporating the 2012 World Beer Cup Gold Award. In the past 12 years, Blind Tiger has won 15 gold at the Great American Beer Festival
5. In the northern part of Topeka, the Firekeeper Golf Course at Prairie Band Casino and Resort is the primary course arranged by PGA Tour victor Notah Begay III. Begun in 2011, Firekeeper was named fourteenth Best Casino Course.
Now find the latest population of Topeka in 2019 here