Population Of Columbia 2018
Columbia is the capital and in addition the biggest city of South Carolina. The city fills in as the area seat of Richland County and a touch of the city extends into neighbouring Lexington County. It is the point of convergence of the Columbia metropolitan measurable zone.
The city is discovered around 21 km northwest of South Carolina and it is the primary city of the Midlands area of the state. It is situated at the crossing point of the Saluda River and the Broad River. In 1860, it was the territory of the South Carolina Secession Convention which indicated the takeoff of the fundamental state from the Union in the events preparing to the Civil War.
A couple of associations have their global central command in Columbia, joining Colonial Life and Accident Insurance Company, the second-greatest insurance agency in the United States. The city of Columbia has a popular park named Finlay Park. The park has also encouraged essentially everything from festivities, political revives, road races and numerous Easter Sunrise organizations.
Population Of Columbia In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Columbia in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –133,358
2. 2014 –134,090
3. 2015 –133,803
4. 2016 –134,309
5. 2017 – 136,017
Predicting the 2018 population of Columbia is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 870 people. Hence, the population of Columbia in 2018 is forecast to be 136017 + 870 = 136,887. So, the population of Columbia in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 136,887.
Columbia Population 2018 –136,887 (estimated)
Demography Of Columbia:
As of the assessment of 2010, there were 129,272 people and also 22,638 families living in Columbia. The racial blend of the city was 51% White, 42.4% African American, 0.30% Pacific Islander and 2.00% from at least two races. Hispanic of any race touched 4.30% of the population.
Population Density And Growth Of Columbia:
The population density of Columbia is 377.5 persons per square kilometre. The population growth rate has been going at a fine rate and one reason for that is the developing number of immigration. It has been assessed that the city will experience a high population growth rate, which will prompt more number of individuals living in the city.
Facts About Columbia:
1. Town Theater is the country’s oldest theater in steady use. Located a block from the University of South Carolina, its playhouse is recorded on the National Register. Since 1917, the theater has made plays and musicals of wide interest.
2. Finlay Park has encouraged essentially everything from festivities and political revives to road races and Easter Sunrise organizations. The park fell into frailty after the Civil War and filled in as a site for business meanders until the late twentieth century.
3. Out of all the school lobbies in the nation, Columbia’s Havemeyer 309 lecture corridor is the scene where a large portion of the Hollywood movies like, Spiderman and others were shot here.
4. In May 1540, a Spanish merchant drove by Hernando de Soto and crossed Columbia while moving north. The campaign conveyed the earliest evident records of the region, which was a bit of the local Cofitachequi chiefdom.
5. A couple of associations have their global central command in Columbia, joining Colonial Life and Accident Insurance Company, the second-greatest insurance agency in the United States.