Bridgeport is the crowded city of Connecticut and the fifth most packed in New England. The city was controlled by the Paugussett Indian tribe at the time of its English colonization. The English cultivating group transformed into a point of convergence of trade, whaling and shipbuilding. The town combined itself to support the Housatonic Railroad and immediately industrialized after its relationship with the New York and New Haven railroad.
Mechanical reconstructing and sub-urbanization turned into the loss of various occupations, leaving the city combating with issues of destitution and wrongdoing. In the 21st century, change of office and modern office structures to private use and other redevelopment is pulling in new occupants.
The city is developing at a rapid pace in terms of infrastructure and standard of living in Bridgeport is on the rise.
Population Of Bridgeport In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Bridgeport in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –147,216
2. 2014 –147,641
3. 2015 –147,629
4. 2016 – 148,315
5. 2017 – 148,993
Predicting the 2018 population of Bridgeport is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 680 people. Hence, the population of Bridgeport in 2018 is forecast to be 148,993 +680 = 149,673. So, the population of Bridgeport in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 149,673.
Bridgeport Population 2018 –149,673 (estimated)
Demography Of Bridgeport:
As per the 2010 enlistment, the city’s population was spread out with 28.4% under 18 years of age, 11.2% were 18-24, 30% from 25-44 and 11.5% who were 65 or above. The average age was around 31 years. For every 100 females there were 91.2 males and for every 100 females more than 18, there were 86.3 males approximately. The average pay for a household was $34,658, and the average pay for a family was $39,571.
Population Density And Growth Of Bridgeport:
The population density of the city is 3354 persons per square kilometre. For such an expansive number of years we were seeing a population loss in the city, however now we’re seeing a reversal, particularly in places like Black Rock and downtown. A very long while back barely anyone lived in downtown Bridgeport, however now we’re seeing a lot of people living there.
Facts About Bridgeport:
1. Subway, the world’s greatest restaurant network by number of territories, begun as Pete’s Subway in Bridgeport. In the year 1965, with a $1000 advance from family friend Peter Buck developed it at a crummy zone on a side street. Business was better at the second station downtown, making the Subway strategy for achievement.
2. The describing bit of the city’s frame of reference is the red-and-white-striped smokestack of the Bridgeport Harbor Station.
3. From 2007 to 2015, Seaside Park transformed into a hipster wonderland for a few days each late spring in the midst of the Gathering of the Vibes, a music festivity obliging fanatics of jam groups.
4. The English at first reached here in the mid-seventeenth century. Bridgeport was actually a part of Stratford, however was united as its own town in the year 1821.
5. By the 20th century, manufacturing commanded its economy. In 1915, laborers went on strike, needing to oblige their workdays to eight hours. The city was the first in the Northeast to adequately develop an eight-hour day and is considered to have set the standard for the rest of the country.
Now find the latest population of Bridgeport in 2019 here